Senior Credit Analyst
You are analytical, investigative, love spreadsheets, a finance geek extraordinaire, enjoy research, and thrive on collaboration. This is your calling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform underwriting analysis of CRE SBA 504 loans.
- Analyze financial statements, tax returns, credit scoring, and loan documentation and utilize knowledge of credit and cash flow analysis.
- Monitor and research market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
- Identify exposure by linking counterparties, facilities and risk mitigations to effectively manage credit risks for AVANA’s growing loan portfolio.
- Complete quarterly and annual reviews, due diligence on all credit files and implement monitoring, and credit risk management guidelines.
- Conduct site visits and construction monitoring visits to the various projects funded by AVANA and its affiliates.
- Establish and maintain a credit culture within the organization that results in strong fundamental credit practices while advancing the organization’s mission and values.
- Conduct due diligence, financial analysis, and research for new loan inquiries.
- Manage the underwriting of new and existing credits for ground-up construction projects.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the portfolio of loans including, but not limited to, segment, concentration, expertise, and stress test analysis based on AVANA strategies and long-term goals. Report and make recommendations to senior management.
- Design, monitor and evaluate database, tools and methodologies for evaluating Construction Projects.
- Compile, verify and process monthly Monitoring and Evaluation data.
- Analyze monthly project data, construction sites and indicators in close collaboration with the General Contractor, Site inspectors and Borrowers.
- Maintain communications with Project Coordinator/Manager, project officers, and engineers to ensure quality of construction/project documentation, and verify inspection reports for completeness, accuracy, quality achievement, timeliness and credibility.
- Develop participatory construction Monitoring & Evaluation tools for internal due diligence.
- Coordinate discussion, learning, sharing and reflection of organizational policies for construction projects on planning, monitoring and evaluation related topics to improve practices.
- Assist in building the capacity of the project team to improve the capability of monitoring and reporting.
Provide the Monitoring and Evaluation data and results to ensure timely completion.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of the ongoing project deliverables according to agreed timelines.
- Ensure the smooth and optimum function of the Project, using personal initiative to push the project completion and optimize project-related activities.
- Develop Monitoring Spreadsheet and analysis models through advanced knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Oversee Construction site staff.
- Coordinate and communicate with customers and investors who have invested in projects to ensure satisfaction, including generating monthly analysis and reports for them to appraise.
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors and ensure timely delivery. 35% to 50% domestic travel to unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. and occasional foreign travel.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management plus 6 years experience as a Credit Analyst or in a related occupation. AVANA Capital will accept 8 years experience as a Credit Analyst or in a related occupation in lieu of Bachelor’s plus 6 years.
AVANA Captial also requires the following:
- 4 years experience in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Lending and credit analysis
- 4 years experience in construction monitoring
- 2 years experience in portfolio management; and construction risk management certificate or experience
All experience may be gained concurrently.
Qualified applicants send resume to: HRavanacapital@yahoo.com